Our skin is something we must take the utmost care of, and there are no two ways about it. Along with using the right hydrating and moisturising products, it is important to scrub and exfoliate your skin regularly. With time, skin problems like acne, pimples, and uneven skin tone and texture may develop on your face thanks to the accumulated dead skin cells, dirt, and grime that clog the pores. Using a face scrub to exfoliate your skin will help clear up all this unwanted dirt and grime, leaving you with refreshed, soft, and radiant skin. Wait a second! Are you already using a face scrub? Are you using it enough and not overdoing it? If you are wondering how to exfoliate your face to reap the optimum benefits of exfoliating, here’s everything you need to know.
What is exfoliation?
Our skin gets a new life every 28 to 30 days by shedding dead skin cells and making space for some new ones. Quite often, some of our dead skin cells refuse to leave our skin, making it appear flaky and leaving an uneven texture behind. This is when using a face scrub can provide the benefits of exfoliating the skin by eliminating stubborn dead cells. Benefits of exfoliating regularly include decongestion of pores, stimulation of collagen production, elimination of dirt and grime, and removal of dead skin cells.
What is scrub?
A face scrub is a physical exfoliant that comprises small granules and beads that help remove dead cells.
How should you exfoliate, and when?
You must only exfoliate your face 1 to 2 times a week. If you are wondering how to exfoliate, here’s how.
- Firstly, wet your face with some lukewarm water.
- Apply some scrub to your face.
- Massage this scrub onto your face in brisk circular movements for about 2 minutes.
- Rinse the scrub off and pat it dry using a towel.
How do I choose the right scrub?
When it comes to choosing the right scrub for your face, you must pick the one that is best suitable for your skin type. Here’s what you must know:
- Face scrub for oily skin: people with oily skin often have overactive sebaceous glands, which produce excess sebum that clogs the pores. This causes blackheads, enlarged pores, and acne problems. The benefits of exfoliating here will include getting rid of excess oil without stripping away the skin’s natural oils and keeping away problems like acne and blackheads.
- Face scrub for dry skin: people with dry skin often lack moisture, leaving them with flaky skin. Using a face scrub will help bid adieu to flaky skin and keep the face moisturised.
- Face scrub for combination skin: this type of skin is a mix of dry and oily skin, making it difficult to pick the right scrub for the face.
Don’t worry! Everyuth face scrubs are curated with a unique formulation to suit all skin types. The Walnut Scrub comes with the goodness of walnut and Vitamin E that will help scrub away dead skin cells and blackheads, making your skin feel smoother. The Walnut Apricot Scrub, on the other hand, removes blackheads and provides moisturization to the skin.
How often should I exfoliate my skin?
You must exfoliate your skin 1 to 2 times per week for best results.
How can I incorporate exfoliation into my skincare routine?
You can incorporate exfoliation into your routine with a face scrub suitable for your skin type.
What factors should I consider when choosing the right scrub for my skin type?
You must ensure that your scrub is suitable for your skin type and caters to your requirements. You must pick one with small beads and granules for better exfoliation. You must look for ingredients that will help get rid of dead skin cells and keep them moisturised.